The Internet has revolutionized the way we shop. Because of the numerous advantages and benefits, more and more people these days prefer buying things online over the conventional method of going into stores.
What are some reasons that many people love online shopping and why is it so popular? Below are my top ten reasons for shopping online.
10 Benefits of Shopping Online
Why do people love Online Shopping? Given below is my list of 10 reasons why it is better than conventional shopping.
- Convenience. The convenience is the biggest perk. Where else can you comfortably shop at midnight while in your pajamas? There are no lines to wait in or shop assistants to wait on to help you with your purchases, and you can do your shopping in minutes. Online shops give us the opportunity to shop 24/7, and also reward us with a ‘no pollution’ shopping experience. There is no better place to buy informational products like e-books, which are available to you instantly, as soon as the payment goes through. Downloadable items purchased online eliminate the need for any kind of material goods at all, as well, which helps the environment!
- Better prices. Cheap deals and better prices are available online, because products come to you direct from the manufacturer or seller without middleman being involved. Many online shops offer discount coupons and rebates as well. Apart from this, online shops are only required to collect a sales tax if they have a physical location in our state, even if we buy from a store across the world.
- More variety: The choices online are amazing. One can get several brands and products from different sellers all in one place. You can get in on the latest international trends without spending money on airfare. You can shop from retailers in other parts of the country, or even the world, all without being limited by geography. A far greater selection of colors and sizes than you will find locally are at your disposal. Apart from that, the stock is much more plentiful. Some online shops even provisions in place to accept orders for items out of stock and ship it when the stock becomes available. You also have the option of taking your business to another online store where the product is available.
- You can send gifts more easily. Sending gifts to relatives and friends is easy, no matter where they are. Now, there is no need to make distance an excuse for not sending a gift on occasions like birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, and so forth.
- Fewer expenses. Many times, when we opt for conventional shopping, we tend to spend a lot more than planned. There are other outside expenses on things like eating out, transportation, and let’s not forget impulse buys!
- Price comparisons. Comparing and researching products and their prices is so much easier online. Also, we have the ability to share information and reviews with other shoppers who have firsthand experience with a product or retailer.
- No crowds. If you are like me, you hate crowds when you’re shopping. Especially during festivals or special events, they can be such a huge headache. Also, it tends to be more chaotic when there are more crowds out and this sometimes makes us feel rush or hurried. Grumpy, annoying, and smelly people also annoy me when I’m out shopping. Plus, parking becomes a huge issue. All of these problems can be avoided when you shop online.
- Less compulsive shopping. Often times when we’re out shopping, we end up buying things compulsively that we don’t really need. All because shop keepers pressure us or use their selling skills to compel us to make these purchases. Sometimes, we even compromise on our choices because of the lack of choices in those shops.
- Buying old or unused items at lower prices. The marketplace on the Internet makes it much easier for us to buy old or unused things at rock bottom prices. Also, if we want to buy antiques, there’s no better place to find great ones.
- Discreet purchases are easier. Some things are better done in the privacy of your home. Online shops are best for discreet purchases for things like adult toys, sexy lingerie, and so on. This enables me to purchase undergarments and lingerie without embarrassment or any paranoia that there are several people watching me.
So, have I given enough reasons to choose online shopping over conventional shopping? Please comment below on why you and others prefer it!
Things to remember when Buying from Online Stores
When you are buying from online stores make sure that you check out the following.
- How long have they been in business? Are they reputed in business with great reviews from customers?
- Does the online store have a way to contact them?
- If you’re unhappy with your purchase, do they have a refund policy?
If you take care of the above, Online shopping can be a very rewarding experience because of its numerous benefits.
Taken from : http://hubpages.com/money/Online-shopping-sites-benefits
I am a full-stack engineer whose passion lies in building great products while enabling others to perform their roles more effectively. I have architect and built horizontally scalable back-ends; distributed RESTful API services; and web-based front-ends with modern, highly interactive Ajax UIs.
I deal with:
Mobile First, Responsive design
Using technologies :
+ASP.NET,C#,VB.NET,C++,MS SQL,ADO.NET,WCF ,MVC,Web API
+Ajax, JSON, HTML5, CSS3
+Mac OS X, Linux, Windows
My Qualities ,I believe :
Self-directed and passionate
Meticulous yet pragmatic
Leadership skills, integrity