The Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Guarantee Act (NREGA ) was notifies in September 7, 2005 but this Act is implemented in Ludhiana District in 2008. The Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (hereafter MGNREGA) is a law whereby any adult who applies for employment in rural areas has to be given work on local public works within 15 days. If employment is not given, an unemployment allowance has to be paid. The employment guarantee subject to a limit of 100 days per household per year. Not that MGNREGA is a law and not just a scheme. The main objective of NREGA is to protect rural households from poverty and hunger. MGNREGA can also serve other objectives: Generating productive assets, protecting the environment, empowering Women, reducing rural urban migration and fostering social equity among others. Thus MGNREGA is not just an employment scheme: it is a tool of Economic and social change in rural areas.
Permissible Works under NREGA MGNREGA
works must always belong to the list of ‘Permissible Works’. A summary of the list of permissible works is given as below:-
1. Water Conservation and water harvesting.
2. Drought proofing (including afforestation and tree plantation)
3. Irrigation canal including micro and minor irrigation works.
4. Provision of irrigation facility,plantation,horticulture,land development to land owned by household belonging to SC/ST, or to the land of beneficiaries of land reforms, or to land of the beneficiaries IAY/BPL families.
5. Renovation of traditional water bodies including de-silting of tanks. 6. Land development.
7. Flood control and protection works including drainage in water logged areas.
8. Rural Connectivity to provide all weather access.
9. Any other work which may be notified by the central Government in consultation with the state Government.
10. Construction of Bharat Nirman Rajiv Gandhi Sewa Kendra and “Gram Panchayat Bhawan” . This is a summary of the Operational Guidelines of MGNREGA .For more details please login http://www.nrega.nic.in.
Ref : http://ludhiana.nic.in/dept/drda/mgnrega.pdf
I am a full-stack engineer whose passion lies in building great products while enabling others to perform their roles more effectively. I have architect and built horizontally scalable back-ends; distributed RESTful API services; and web-based front-ends with modern, highly interactive Ajax UIs.
I deal with:
Mobile First, Responsive design
Using technologies :
+ASP.NET,C#,VB.NET,C++,MS SQL,ADO.NET,WCF ,MVC,Web API
+Ajax, JSON, HTML5, CSS3
+Mac OS X, Linux, Windows
My Qualities ,I believe :
Self-directed and passionate
Meticulous yet pragmatic
Leadership skills, integrity