Owning a petrol pump in India might not be an arduous task, for, the oil marketing companies are in talks with the government to allocate dealership to anybody willing to open a fuel station in the country, as per a financial daily.
As per the Economic Times report, government officials are supposedly in consultation with the executives of Indian Oil Corporation (IOC), Hindustan Petroleum Corp (HPCL) and Bharat Petroleum Corp (BPCL).
The government will soon work out the details of the plan after meeting with the executives, the paper, quoting sources said.
If the plan is implemented, anyone seeking to open a dealership can apply at any point in time and soon be awarded provided he makes the “entire investment involved in setting up a filling station”, ET further said..
PSU retailers operate over 94 percent of the 53,419 petrol pumps in the country. Of the 53,419 petrol pumps in the country, 50,447 are with Indian Oil Corp (IOC), Bharat Petroleum Corp (BPCL) and Hindustan Petroleum Corp (BPCL).
Information Brochures containing details of rules and procedures for setting up Retail Outlet (Petrol Pumps) and HP GAS distributorships (LPG Agencies) and Application forms are given below. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) regarding Retail Outlets and HP GAS are provided to help you get answers to usual Queries. For any further information please contact the nearest Regional Office.
Information brochure for Dealerships
- Petrol Pumps (285 KB)
- COCO service provider (590 KB)
- Retail Dealership Reconstitution Guidelines (48 KB)
- LPG Agencies (135 KB)
- Rajiv Gandhi Gramin LPG Vitaran Yojana (RGGLVY) (300 KB)
- Exclusive Non Domestic Distributorships (63 KB)
- LPG Agency Reconstitution Guidelines (720 KB)
Application forms for Dealerships
- Petrol Pumps
- COCO service provider (46 KB)
- LPG Agencies (Individuals) (170 KB)
- LPG Agencies (Non Individuals) (180 KB)
- Rajiv Gandhi Gramin LPG Vitaran Yojana (RGGLVY) (180 KB)
Taken from :