A tribute to the legendry soul – Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. He was a source of inspiration for every generation and will live in the memories for future generations. Statue of Unity aims to bring the country “national pride” as it will be World’s Largest Statue!
SARDAR VALLABHBHAI PATEL
Birth : October 31, 1875
Birth Place : Nadiad town, Gujarat
Early Life spent in : Karamsad, Petlad and Nadiad.
Parents : Father Jhaverbhai, a farmer, and mother Laad Bai, a simple lady
Wife : Jhaverba, who passed away at a very early age
Children : Daughter Maniben (Born in 1903); Son Dahyabhai (Born in 1905)
Death : December 15, 1950
- Kheda Satyagraha and Bardoli Satyagrah, both of which times the British bowed down
- Elected as Ahmedabad’s municipal president in 1924 and 1928
- Elected President of the Indian National Congress in 1931
- Independent India’s first Deputy Prime Minister and Home Minister and IB Minister
- The Architect of United India post independence
- Posthumously, conferred with Bharat Ratna in 1991