A meaningful life is not about being rich,being popular,being highly educated,or being perfect.It’s all about being real,being humble,being emotionally strong and being able to share ourselves and touch the lives of others.
Our life is a meaningful when what we do for a living is something we could happily do for free, and it is just a bonus that we are paid to do it. When we wake up each morning and we’re excited for the day ahead. When we’re favourite day of the week is a Monday. When we feel our life has purpose and we are working to fulfil our destiny.
A meaningful life is a construct having to do with the purpose, significance, fulfillment, and satisfaction of life
- Know What’s Important – Find out your top 5 things that you believe are the essence of how you want to live life. This can include things like “family time,” or “sing every day.” It could also include more complex ideas, like “honesty” and “simplicity.”
- Pursue Your Passion – Finding a way to use your passions to give back to the world will give your life ultimate meaning.If you can’t manage (or aren’t ready) to work on your passion for a living, be sure and make time for it every day. By working on your passion and becoming an expert in it, you will eventually have the opportunity to make money from it.
- Discover Your Life’s Purpose – If you had to give yourself a reason to live, what would it be? What would you stand for? What principles do you hold highest? Is your life’s purpose to help others? Is it to inspire others with great works of art, or you words?
- Be Self-Aware – Be aware of yourself and your actions. Remain mindful of what you do at all times, and make sure you are living life according to your principles, your life’s purpose, and what you are passionate about.Review your actions each day, taking stock of those that strayed from your path. Work towards correcting any incidents in the future.
- Focus- Rather than chasing 3 or 4 goals and making very little progress on them, place all of your energy on one thing. Focus.Try and align your goal with something you are passionate about, so that there will be an intrinsic drive to work hard and do well.
- Spend Money on People More Than Things – Often, we are faced with wanting to buy material goods.I recommend you consider carefully what you purchase, and think more about spending your money on experiences with friends and family. Not only will this give deeper meaning to your life by focusing on your relationships rather than material wealth, but you will be a happier person as a result.
- Live With Compassion – Both for yourself, and others.For some, compassion is the purpose of life, what gives it meaning, and what leads to ultimate happiness.
- Find a Way to Give Back – Do something that both honors your beliefs and passions, while giving something back to the world.
- Simplify Your Life – By simplifying your life, you’ll have more time to do what fulfills you and gives your life meaning. It can also help reduce stress and make your overall life easier to manage. It can also greatly improve your productivity.
- Set Daily Goals – In the morning, before you start your day, create a list of 3 goals that you find fulfilling and meaningful. Make sure they adhere to your set of principles and beliefs.Tackle the hardest things first! Don’t make this list too long. By placing too many things on the list, you’ll feel the urge to multi-task, which is not good, or you’ll feel overwhelmed, which isn’t good either.By trying to do less, you’ll end up doing more.
Always keep in mind that life is about the journey, not the destination. Living a life of purpose gives both fulfillment and meaning to your journey.