When computer nerds rushing towards getting job at company like Facebook,Adam D’Angelo quit his job as Facebook’s CTO in 2008. It was, after all, his second time leaving Facebook, the hottest company in Silicon Valley.Adam D’Angelo is the chief executive officer and co-founder of Quora, an online knowledge market based in Mountain View, California. He was chief technology officer of Facebook, and also served as its vice president of engineering. He left Facebook in 2008. In June 2009, he started Quora with Charlie Cheever, another early Facebook employee.
Here are some things about him…
- Founder of Quora.
- He was the first CTO of facebook.
- IOI Silver Medalist .
- He along with his team at won silver medal in ACM ICPC in 2004.
- In 2005, he was one of the finalists in the international Top coder Collegiate Challenge and was placed eighth in the USA Computing Olympiad while he was at high school.
- He created a messenger called (read this thread it’s super cool) at the age of 20.
- He is red on ( & he has achieved it in just one year & it’s not at all cakewalk).
- In his high school, he developed the Synapse Media Player (a music suggestion software) along with and others which was later purchased by Microsoft.
- Fortune magazine included D’Angelo as runner-up in its ‘Smartest people in tech’ article.
- He owns 0.8 % stake at facebook, which is equivalent to $680 million.
Valuation of Quora is last round is ~$900M and $80M is raised from Tiger Global.